Single Scissor kickNovember 13, 2018
One Hand Slide MoveNovember 28, 2018
- Content: Juggling with a wall and the floor
- Focus:juggling, rebound control, hand-eye coordination
- Equipment: 3 floorballs or 3 tennis balls, wall
- Number of Assistants: 0
In this post we will look at another way of juggling. It’s a simple way to improve your rebound control and is the next step to wall juggling or floor juggling.
How to do it?
Kneel in front of a wall. We recommend that the wall is as flat as possible. Important:
throws and catches should be executed with palms facing the floor. This simulates the catch after a rebound.
- Take one ball
- Thorw it to the wall
- Let it hit the floor
- Catch it
- Repeat until you have a good feeling for the throw
- Take one ball in each hand
- Throw the first ball with your stronger hand
- Throw the ball in your weaker hand when the first ball comes of the wall
- Let the first ball hit the floor and then catch it
- Let the second ball hit the floor and catch it with your stronger hand.
- Repeat vise versa
Repeat until you can do it ten times in a row.
- Hold two balls in your stronger hand and one in your weaker hand
- Throw the first ball (ball 1) with your stronger hand
- Let it bounce of the wall and throw the second ball (ball 2) with your weaker hand
- Catch ball 1 after it bounces of the floor
- When ball 2 comes of the wall, throw the third ball (ball 3) of your strong hand
- Catch ball 2 after it bounces of the floor with your stronger hand
- Catch ball 3 after it bounces of the floor with your weaker hand
- Repeat vise versa
The three-ball wall-floor juggling is not that easy, specially when it comes to gaining a flow. Something that helps is using tennis balls instead of floorballs, as they jump a bit better and give you more time. Rubber balls are not recommended, as they may jump too much of the wall and the floor. If feel like you need a challenge you can mix floorballs and tennisballs to increase the degree of difficulty. Also you can vary the distance to the wall to make it more difficult for yourself.