Simple Neck StretchFebruary 17, 2020
The Dynamic Half Kneeling Groin Stretch with Tiltu SiltanenMarch 2, 2020
- Content: Mobility and strength training
- Focus: Strengthens the entire foot
- Equipment: -
- Number of Assistants: 0
Our lower body works a lot during our game when we slide, dive or even jump to be between the ball and the goal. Besides the mobility of the big muscles like hamstring, quadriceps or calf, it is also very important to train/mobilise the small once. This time, we want to focus on the muscles in the foot with the “toe claw” exercise that strengthens the entire foot musculature. You can do this exercise almost everywhere – even if you are wearing shoes. However, we recommend doing it barefoot or in socks.
How to do it?
- Stand with both feet on the ground
- Claw your toes from one foot into the ground – assume that you really want to claw into it
- Keep this position under tension for 5 seconds
- Relax and repeat it 4 more times
- Afterwards, switch the foot
This is a very simple and easy exercise but helps us goalies a lot, as we use our toes a lot during our movements.