The BouncerJanuary 13, 2019
Elastic Band DrillsJanuary 30, 2019
- Field area: -
- Content: Colourfull reaction drill
- Focus: Reaction, rebound control
- Equipment: 3 floorballs in three diffrent colours
- Number of Assistants: 1 assistant
The Rainbow Drop
Did you wonder why there are so many coloured floorballs? Maybe the Rainbow Drop is the answer. This is a small, yet effective and very fun reaction drill for goalies every age and any skill level. We learned it at Blindsave Goalie Camp 2018 and are still love to do it in trainings or even before games.
How to do it?
- Starting Point
- The goalie kneels in front of his assistant and is in the initial position and faces away from the assistant
- The assistant stands behind the goalie and faces in the same direction as the goalie does. he got the three balls in his hands
- The assistant holds his arms over the goalies head, in front of the goalies hands
- The assistant now says a colour and drops the balls in front of the goalie
- The goalie catches the ball with the mentioned colour
- Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!
- Change degree of difficult
- Assistant increases the number of balls
- The assistant mentions two colours, catch them in the row the assistant mentioned
- e.g.: The assistant says "blue, red", so you catch the blue ball first and then the red one
- Try catching the ball before it hits the floor
- Use balls with more than one colour
- Use balls less bouncy than floorballs and try to catch them before they hit the ground a second time
- The assistant holds his hands lower (not in the sight of the goalie)
Cheap, fun, beneficial, simple, can be done everywhere and also finally the answer to the question why there are so many floorballs in diffrent colours! ;D
What else do we have to say?
Special thanks goes to Blindsave
, for organising an amazing camp and always coming up with new ideas!