The Extended Half Kneeling Groin Stretch with Tiltu SiltanenMarch 9, 2020
Hip flexor dynamic stretchMarch 23, 2020
- Content: Mobility and Strength training
- Focus: Shoulder & Arm Mobility
- Equipment: -
- Number of Assistants: 0
The Kneeling Thoracic Extension
In the days of home office, home studies and home schooling it is important to focus on our shoulder area. Especially when you have an unhealthy sitting posture, you may get back pain and tensions in the shoulder area. This stretch should help you prevent those tensions and pains and can be done with the chair you are already sitting on.
How to do it?
- Kneel on the floor in front of your chair
- Place elbows on the corner of the chair
- Elbows are shoulderwide
- Make sure to keep a straight back all the time
- Push your upper body downwards until you feel a stretch
- Hold the stretch for about ten seconds and repeat as long as you feel comfortable
Even tough we mostly focus on hip and groin mobility, it is important to give our shoulders some attention too. We use our arms and therefore our shoulders more than we think, so let's mobilise them as good as we can :)