The Toe PullNovember 4, 2019
Dynamic 90/90 Sit PositionNovember 18, 2019
- Content: Mobility and strength training
- Focus: Hip & Thigh Mobility
- Equipment: Kneepads, Mat, Cushion
- Number of Assistants: 0
The Hip Flexor Foot on Wall Stretch
This might not be your everyday stretch, but it will surely help you to increase the mobility in your hip and thighs.
How to do it?
In this stretch, a lot of weight is on your knees, that’s why it is important to have a cushion under your knees. For example you can take your kneepads or a mat.
We assume you’re stretching your right tigh.
- Lay your cushion to the wall
- Place your feet on the wall, while your knees are on the cushion
- Your knees are about 10 – 20cm away from the wall
- Move your left foot away from the wall and place it underneath your shoulder/chest
- The angle in your left leg should be 90 degrees
- Now move your torso upwards, until you feel a stretch in your upper thigh
- Make sure to keep a straight back, when moving your torso upwards
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds, release the stretch and then do it for another 30 seconds
- Repeat for the other leg
The thighs play an important role in our movements, but also in the initial position
. That’s why it is important to mobilize and stretch them a lot. If you feel like it is getting too easy, just move your knees closer to the wall. Also, the more your torso is bent forward, the less flexible you are in your hips and thighs.