90/90 Sit PositionOctober 7, 2019
The Crossed Leg StretchOctober 21, 2019
- Content:Mobility and strength training
- Focus:Hip Mobility
- Equipment: -
- Number of Assistants: 0
The Figure 4 Stretch
The figure 4 stretch is one additional stretch to mobilize the hip joint and the hamstrings. It is a very good stretch after exercise, which trained the glutes massively like lunges, squats or box jumps.
How to do it?
- You are lying on your back on the floor or a mat
- Put your legs in a 90-degree position. You can position them with your hands
- One leg is in front of you, shin positions forwards and is perpendicular to your torso
- The other leg points out to the side, with the inner thigh of your back leg resting on the floor
- Bend one leg
- - Place the ankle of the other leg on the tight of the bent leg
- The shape of your legs looks like a four now
- Hug your bent leg with your hands
- A hand goes from the outside to the upper part of the bent leg
- The other hand goes through the hole ("Figure 4 hole"), which stretches the legs and grabs the other hand
- Now, use your hands to pull the bent leg down to your chest
- Hold the stretch for around 30 seconds and repeat it with the other leg
- Breath calm and constant and feel the stretch with each breath
- If you feel good, you can increase by pulling your leg closer to your chest with every breath out
This is only one option to stretch your ligaments with the figure four position. In the upcoming weeks, we will provide you additional posts with various stretch exercises.