The power of “Depth”November 24, 2019
SwimmerJanuary 6, 2020
- Content: Mobility and strength training
- Focus: Lower Back & Upper Leg Mobility
- Equipment: -
- Number of Assistants: 0
Supine Hip Internal Rotation
The first time we saw this exercise we thought it was relaxing and maybe not even effective… Oh boy we got proved wrong. But therefore, we can now say it really helps us in terms of stretching the lower back and upper leg area.
How to do it?
- Lay down on your back
- Bend your legs, so that they are in comfortable position
- Your feet are not in line with your body, they are placed 10 – 20cm away from your shoulder line
- Now press your knees together until they touch
- Feet stay flat on the ground
- Hold the stretch for 30 seconds
- Repeat up to five times
- If you don’t feel a stretch, your feet are too close together
- After some time, you can place your feet further away from each other
We like this stretch because it is so simple. The closer your legs are together, the more it gets visible that you have to stretch this are more. We recommend not rushing into it by placing your feet too far away from each other and overstretching your lower back and upper leg.