Shin Box – Movement SeriesApril 6, 2020
Standing Groin RotationMay 4, 2020
- Content:Shoulder mobility and strength exercise
- Focus: Unlock tight hips
- Equipment: 1x Floorball stick or a pipe-
- Number of Assistants: 0
The shoulder pass through exercise, as the name suggests, is a mobility exercise for the shoulders. It increases the joint mobility while still engaging the surrounding muscles of the shoulders. The only equipment that you need to execute this exercise is a stick or a pipe.
How to do it:
- Starting point:
- Stand shoulder wide
- Your face is directed forward
- Tense your core
- Your arms are in front of your body with the stick in your hands
- Use an overhand grip
- Your hands are wider than shoulder- width
- During the whole movement consider that
- the stick moves parallel to the floor
- your arms are always straight
- Slowly raise your arms above your head
- Hold the maximum position for a few seconds
- Return slowly back to the starting position
- Repeat it 5 times
This mobility exercise is very useful to open up the shoulders to support a smooth and stable overhead position. As a floorball goalie, we get in this position on a horizontal level when we dive and try to reach a ball while a player wants to dribble around us with full speed.
If you want to extent this exercise, we recommend you to use a resistance band. The band will be more demanding in terms of shoulder stabilisation and strength whereas the floorball stick focuses on the mobility of your shoulder joint. Keep the band always stretched to maximise the effect.