The Short Stand-Up MovementFebruary 11, 2019
Forced tunnel catchMarch 21, 2019
- Content: Flexibility warm up exercise
- Focus:warm up
- Number of Assistants: 0
Shin box - warm up
It is game day and you still have a few minutes left to stretch yourself and bring your body and soul into the right mood. Mental preparation is just as important as a good warm up with flexibility shares. The shin box – warm up exercise combines goalie movements and positions with a stretching and hips strength drill.
How to do it?
- Starting point
- Go into the initial position (link)
- Do some knee steps (link) or another movement to the right and go into the initial sideway position (link)
- Go slowly down with your butt until you sit on the floor – try to do it always with control that you do not lose the strength in your hips and fall on the ground
- Do the movement vice versa and get up into the initial sideway position
- Move the left with a few knee steps and repeat it
We love this exercise because it trains movements, positions and body control. It happens from time to time that you are sitting on your butt after a save and the opponent has still ball possession. In these situations, it is not helpful to use your hands to get back into the initial position. Therefore, we advise you to train your physical strength to minimize vulnerable situations.