Simple Rebound Control DrillOctober 3, 2018
JugglingOctober 28, 2018
- Content: Rebound control warm up exercise
- Focus:warm up, hand-eye coordination
- Equipment: 1 floorball
- Number of Assistants: 0
Rebound control fast as lightning
This warm up exercise is perfect to get familiar with the ball right before a game. At the same time it trains your rebound control as it mirrors the grip of the ball right after it hit your chest.
How to do it?
- Starting point
- Stand with feet about should-wide
- Floorball is in one hand
- Back of the hands point upwards
- The hand with ball is placed at the higher of the belly button
- The other hand is a bit higher
- Open the hand with the ball and let the ball drop
- Move the opened hand upwards and the other hand downwards at the same time to grab the ball ad fast as possible
- Final position
- position of the starting point just the hands are vice versa
Besides being a great warm up exercise and a good rebound control training, this drill improves your hand speed and catching abilities as well. You can also exchange balls e.g. with table tennis to make it a bit hard for yourself but we recommend to use a floorball before games. The simplicity and the possibility to train everywhere is also a huge advantage of the drill. If you want to train your leg mussel additionally, you can move in a squad position like in the video below.