Balancing CatchesMay 27, 2019
Parallel goal gameJune 10, 2019
When we coach motivated floorball goalies, we show them the lunge catcher exercise. The first time we did it was in the 2017 edition of Blindsave Goalie Camp. We like this exercise because it combines different skills of a success goalie.
- Content:Simple warm up exercise to train reaction and hand-eye coordination
- Focus:hand-eye coordination reaction speed
- Equipment: 1 floorball
- Number of Assistants: 0
How to do it?
- Starting point
- Go into the lunge position
- The knee from your rear leg does not touch the floor
- You are balanced and stabl
- Hold the ball with both hands between your legs
- You are “hugging” more or less one of your legs by holding the ball between them
- Disengage the ball with both hands
- Move your hands as fast as possible around the other leg (“hugging it”)
- And catch the ball before it touches the floor
This exercise combines leg training, core flexibility and hand-eye coordination training. If you are not able to catch the floorball ball within the first tries, we recommend you to start with a bigger ball. Once you have a good feeling and feeling comfortable you can work your way back to floorballs. Think of starting with footballs, volleyballs, dodge balls etc.