The Good Dog GameDecember 9, 2020
Article in Floorball Mania MagazineMarch 1, 2021
- Field area: -
- Content: Coordination Exercise with 2 balls
- Focus: Reaction, Coordination, Catching
- Equipment: 2 Floorballs (different colours are recommend for the beginning
- Number of Assistants: none
Crossed Catches is a very easy drill you can do in every training and also in your free time. It trains your coordination and catching in a simple way. Balls in two different colours are recommended in the begnning, as it helps your visuals. Later on you can of course do it with balls in the same colour.
Inspiration from Hand-Eye Body.
How to do it?
We assume you throw from your left to your right hand.
- Put both balls in one hand, in this case the red ball is on the outside, the yellow one on the inside
- Throw both balls in a bow to your right hand
- Your goal is to catch the red ball with your left hand again
- As both balls are in the air, move your left hand underneath your right one
- Try to catch the red ball with your left hand and the yellow ball with your right hand
- Repeat for the other side again
The colours of the balls are not mandatory, they just help us the explain the exercise according to the video :)
This exercise helps the goalie to improve hand-eye coordination and catching. Of course you could also say it helps your hand speed. Challenge yourself with balls in the same colour and lower bows in the throws.