SwimmerJanuary 6, 2020
Figure Four Stretch on the WallJanuary 20, 2020
- Content: Mobility and strength training
- Focus: Upper Back and shoulder mobility
- Equipment: -
- Number of Assistants: 0
C.A.R. - Quadruped Shoulder Circles
This post shows you a great shoulder mobility exercise called “Quadruped Shoulder Circles”. Shoulder pain is a common pain in our society. The causes can often be found quickly, students and workers are spending a lot of time in front of their computer or the mobile phone. The shoulders are pulled forward. In the long run, such a cramped posture can lead to tension and the pains mentioned above.
How to do it?
- Go into the quadruped position. This is a position where both feet and hands touch the ground
- Hands are under your shoulders
- Knees are under your hips
- Take a deep breath and build up tension in your whole body
- Lift up one arm a bit from the ground
- Move the arm in front of you forward and try to stretch the arm as far forward as possible
- Continue the movement and circle as high as you can until you finish the movement with your starting position
- Afterwards, do the same movement backwards
- To get the best out of this exercise, try to reach as far as you can all the time with your arm.
- Avoid any kind of rotation in your upper body. The only moved body part is your arm – in other words: Try to stay as strict as you can
This is not the most exhausting exercise. You can use it for warm up or as a part of your regeneration program. In the long turn, it also might relief tensions in your shoulder area.