Balls from above and from the frontMay 13, 2019
Lunge CatchesJune 7, 2019
- Content:balance, hand-eye coordination, core strength
- Focus:balance, catches, hand-eye coordination
- Equipment: 1 gymnastic ball, some floorballs
- Number of Assistants: 1
Balancing on a gymnastics ball while catching shots from your assistant to improve balance, hand-eye coordination and core strength.
How to do it?
- Starting point
- You are balancing on the gymnastics ball
- Try to get in the initial position
- Start when you can hold the position for about 10 seconds
- Your assistant has the balls ready to shoot at you.
- Start with easy to catch shots
- You decide when the exercise starts
- Your assistant shoots one ball at you
- Try to catch the ball while holding balance on the gymnastics ball
- If you catch the ball, give it back to your assistant
- When you can't catch the ball, try to get the rebound while holding balance on the ball
- Increasing Difficulty
- Use diffrent balls
- Try to catch two balls at the same time - assistant shoots with hands
- Balance one ball in your palm, while you try to catch the other ball
This exercise is really fun, as it combines catching balls with balance, strength and hand-eye coordination. By that, you can do it over and over again and will always benefit from it in different aspects. It doesn.t need much and can be done in every training. As the shooting doesn't require much skill, you don't need a field player as your assistant. You surely can ask your goalie partner to train this with you ;)