Movement forward sidewaysJuly 28, 2018
Paddling 1 against 1August 5, 2018
- Content: Multitasking hand-eye coordination exercise
- Focus:reaction, hand-eye coordination
- Equipment: 1 floorballs, 1 basketball
- Number of Assistants: 0
Hand-eye coordination drills are found in almost every ball sport and we as floorball goalie can benefit from the different drills. Some drills are including footwork others are focused on the single hand-eye coordination. A mixture of both is perfect for us to improve our skill to trust our hand-eye coordination also in unbalanced situations.
This hand-eye coordination drill is actually for basketball players.
How to do it?
How to change the degree of difficulty:
- Starting point
- Put one ball in each hand
- Hold the balls upwards– palm points to the sky
- Start bouncing the basketball with one hand, hold the floorball in the other hand
- Bounce the basketball to your other hand. Meanwhile, throw the floorball in a bow to your other hand
- Again and again and again :)
- Start with crossed arms
- Exchange the basketball with a smaller ball
- Increase the frequency of bouncing the ball from one hand to the other
- Swap bouncing and throw ball - it is much harder to catch a bounced floorball ;-)
- Do it on the knees
List of references
- Cover image - Space Jam http://gaia.adage.com/images/bin/imgstore/work/full/j/o/r/Jordan_TheDunktoEndAllDunks15.jpg
- Cover image - floorball: http://www.unihockey.ruemlang.net/ball-transp.gif