Sky Reacher SquatSeptember 30, 2019
The Figure 4 StretchOctober 14, 2019
- Content:Mobility and strength training
- Focus:Hip Mobility
- Equipment: -
- Number of Assistants: 0
90/90 Sit Position
The 90/90 sit position is similar to the shin-box and is one of the most popular stretches. It challenges flexion and external rotation for the front of the hip while the trail is in the abduction and internal rotation . In this post, we will focus on the static 90/90 sit exercise and will extend it later in a different post. A floorball goalie needs hips with a full range of motion, this includes a strong and flexible hip.
How to do it?
- Sit in a comfortable position on the floor
- Your back is in a neutral position
- Your shoulders aren’t hunched
Common Mistakes & Tipps
- Put your legs in a 90-degree position. You can position them with your hands
- One leg is in front of you, shin positions forwards and is perpendicular to your torso
- The other leg points out to the side, with the inner thigh of your back leg resting on the floor
- Place your hands on the side to be balanced. You have to find a good position, how it fits for you the best
Please consider the common mistakes and avoid them.
- Your torso has to be perpendicular to the floor. If you feel unstable and your body tilts to the side, correct the position with the following gadgets
- Use a towel or gymnastic mat to sit a bit high which makes it easier to get into the 90/90 sit
- Place a yoga block under your hand to ensure a perpendicular torso position
- Don’t tilt backwards with your upper body. Reposition your hands if it happens.
The 90/90 is simple and will support hip flexibility from the start. It can be added to every mobility workout, pregame warm up or even if you want to train a bit your mobility in front of the television while you do not want to disturb other people around you with fast movements and repositioning’s all the time.
1 - https://markowtrainingsystems.com/the-ultimate-90-90-guide/