Controlled Articular Rotations – C.A.RsJune 19, 2019
Beach Holiday Workout for motivated Floorball GoaliesJuly 13, 2019
- Field area: Mid distance, Slot
- Content: A nice drill for 3 goalies to get the blood pumping
- Focus: Movement speed, positioning
- Equipment: 2 goals
- Number of Assistants: 2 field players
3 Goalies - 2 Goals
Sometimes training just isn’t exhausting enough, or even worse, the goalie training isn’t exhausting enough. But don’t worry, we got something for that while push you to the max.
How to do it?
- The Setup
- Place to goals facing in the same direction next to each other, there should be a distance of one to three meters between them.
- Find an obstacle to put between the goals. This can be nearly everything that makes it difficult to pass through. This can be a mat, pylons or a bench.
- Place balls – you’ll need a lot – in front of every goal for the shooters in a distance of 5 meters
- As the shooters have to shoot at the same time, we suggest to prepare a countdown. We made the best experience with three seconds for adult goalies.
- Starting point
We are looking at it from the goalies view. To make it easier, the goalies are numbered from one to three.
- Goalie 1 starts in the left goal
- Goalie 2 starts in the right goal
- Goalie 3 starts standing behind the left goal
- First Round
- The shooters start their countdown and take their shots
- After the shot, Goalie 1 moves over the obstacle to the right goal.
- Goalie 2 gets up and runs behind the goals and stops behind the left goal
- Goalie 3 runs into the left goal and prepares for the shot.
- Second Round
- The shooters already started their countdown and take their shot again.
- After the shot, Goalie 1 runs behind the goals and stops behind the left goal
- Goalie 2 runs into the left goal
- Goalie 3 moves over the obstacle into the right goal
- Third Round
- Again, the shooters have started their countdown and take the shot
- Goalie 1 runs from behind the left goal into it and is now again in his/hers starting position
- Goalie 2 runs moves over the obstacle into the right goal, his/hers starting position
- Goalie 3 runs behind the goals and stops behind the left goal and is now also in his/hers starting position
That was one full circle. You can repeat as much as you want or as long as the shooters have balls to shoot at you ;)
This drill perfectly imitates a stressful situation during the game. Mostly the difficulty comes from the obstacle, but after three circles you’ll get pretty exhausted too. When it is still too easy, make the obstacle bigger or the countdown of the shooters faster. Anyways, the blood gets pumping and the fun is there as well. What else do you want?